STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE ‘S.O.P’
- Keep all guards in place while operating the machine.
- While operating the milling machine allow no one else to touch it.
- Keep hands away from moving cutting tools.
- Do not make measurements of the stock while the milling machine is powered.
- Do not allow large quantities of chips to accumulate around the work piece or machine table. After stopping the machine, use a brush or rag to remove all excess chips from the mill bed and stock.
- Use a rag or Kevlar gloves to handle sharp cutting tools.
- Cutting tools must be securely fastened in the machine spindle with the proper accessory. Never try to tighten cutting bits or tools by hand.
- Do not power the machine to tighten or loosen cutting bits or tools.
- Work pieces and stock must be rigidly fastened to the mill bed with clamps, a vise, or special fixtures.
- Use appropriate speeds and feeds for the type and size of cutter being used and the material being machined.
- Make sure the cutting tool is clear of the work piece before starting the machine.