BELT & DISC SANDERS
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE ‘S.O.P’
- Access to Emergency Stop buttons
- Ensure the machine and area is clean and free from obstacles.
- Ensure all guards and adjustable table on disc sander are secured and correctly fitted.
- Never use without extraction and appropriate dusk mask.
- Never attempt an operation if you are unsure of what you are doing.
- Never use for more than one operation at any one time- belt sanding or disc sanding.
- Ensure the on – off switch works correctly.
- Check that the sanding belt & disc are installed correctly.
- Adopt a comfortable stance appropriate to the operation that you are performing.
- Ensure work is held correctly. Sitting firmly on right hand side of disc table.
- Use firm, forward pressure without overloading the machine.
- When you finish Isolate machine.
- Ensure area is left in clean condition and any waste is removed.