UCLA Student/Faculty Shop Reservation Policies
- All Machinery/Hand Tools can be reserved for periods of time up to 14 days in advance
- Reservations cannot be changed less than 12 hours in advance of the reservation start time without Shop staff approval
- Individuals who sign up for a machine and are more than 15 minutes late will have their reservation removed.
- Individuals may not reserve a machine for another person to use.
- Individuals may not reserve a machine without intending to use it.
- Reservations should be made for a reasonable length of time for the part to be made (e.g., reserving a machine for a whole day to machine a part that should only take two hours would not be acceptable).
How to Reserve a Machine
To reserve a machine ….. pressing this link will create a new tab page
- Once you arrive at the UCLA Engineering………………..Scheduleit
- At the top menu bar, click on SCHEDULE.
- (Drop menu) Click on ‘Bookings”
- Once you arrive to “Bookings”, at the top/ middle of the page click (Show Full Week)
- Please NOTE: The shaded GRAY areas are times no longer available.
- To make a RESERVATIONS, please note on the left side of the page are the “Mills or Lathes”. & “Bench Times”. Next, please find the day of the week, the machinery you desire and then click on the time slot of your choice that’s available.
- By clicking on the time slot, this will allow you to create a new reservation.
Create a reservation:
– Date/Time: Review the Begin and End dates and times to make sure you clicked the desired time;
– Title: This will be visible to other viewers.
– Description: This will be visible to other viewers.
– * Department: Select the most appropriate option from the drop-down list.
– * Purpose: Select the most appropriate option from the drop-down list.
– * Detail (i.e., course #, student group, etc): Enter pertinent details such as course #, visitor, or n/a.
* Required information
– Push “Create” button.
Note: There are more instructions when you arrive on the Scheduleit page